Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Auburn Pro with Moser 31-spline axles. One of the axles has decided to bend for some reason so I'm going to replace them with Strange axles.

While I have the rearend opened up, is there anyway I can visually inspect the differential to make sure it's OK. Obviously missing teeth, etc. would jump out but I was wondering if there was anything else I could/should look for. It's been in the car for about three years and 30,000 miles, around 50 passes at the drag strip, and maybe 15 autoX's.

It seems to be working fine, actually got quiter over the years. But one time while doing a burnout I was told only one wheel was spinning. I made around 10 more passes after that and it never happened again.

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
574 Posts
If you have a dial indicator, I'd suggest checking gear to gear backlash You can also check the gear to gear contact pattern with some grease or checking compound.

You can also check and see if the limited slip is working. I believe the best way is to have one wheel in the air, the other on the ground and turn the driveshaft. If the wheel in the air moves, the trac-lok is working, if it doesn't turn, it's not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts