Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you are running rear wings? How well do they work.? At what speeds do they make a difference? Does the hatch need to be modified(strengthened) to support the downforce?

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I run one on my coupe. I have no idea what it does for performance to be honest. Didn’t have to do anything to my trunk lid. I did put new weatherstripping on and new little rubber bumper things. Crap picture, but you can kinda see it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Hahaha it’s all in the can of coke. That’s the secret. Honestly I don’t think my wing does a damn thing, it came with the roller I bought and it looks mean. It grew on me, so for now I kept it.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I don't think a wing would do much at slower speeds.

My 89 coupe is real stable to about 150 or 160. After that it starts to get noticeably light in the rear. By about 160-170 it is a traction issue.

I stopped running 1/4 mile because at about 160 it gets light in the back and feels unsafe.

My hatches were just a little better. My 83 hatch was OK in the 160 range but it was tubbed and had big tires.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've noticed a substantial difference at speed on a road course

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

Running a RHR Performance wing on my fox coupe. Changed higher speed stability and tunable.
Now to get working on the splitter for the front to better balance things out again.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
View attachment 966078

View attachment 966080

Running a RHR Performance wing on my fox coupe. Changed higher speed stability and tunable.
Now to get working on the splitter for the front to better balance things out again.
This is what I was looking for. How does the mount work with the deck lid? I have a hatch so my install may be different. Thanks.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Stew Magoo sweet calypso coupe!
Thanks man! Mild mannered little street car. Rides nice, handles great, it's got good power. Super reliable, did 3000 mile road trip this summer with zero issues. I've upgraded the wheels since the pick I posted was taken.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is what I was looking for. How does the mount work with the deck lid? I have a hatch so my install may be different. Thanks.

AJ makes a variety of mounting kits and styles.
I did a weld on bracket kit that goes through the trunk and welds to the frame. Second pic.
Also in addition to bottom mount style wings his company makes swan top mount styles if you're looking for more.

Check out his for the fulcrum wing page for more details, links to mounting kits and the CFD data for what kind of downforce it is capable of producing.

https://rhrperf.com/fulcrum-wing-1/

Warning... if you have a SN95 or newer mustang you're gonna be tempted by lots of cool aero aids and carbon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts