Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for opinions on the best "All Around" upper and lower control arm combo for lateral traction, handling and easy on the torque boxes. I'm finishing up a single turbo build that will make about 625-650 RWHP. Looking to enjoy some occasional autocross, time attack and drag racing.

Thanks

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Maximum Motorsport has some way nice stuff that is well rounded.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Id definately go with the spherical joints if your gonna be making that much HP and using them hard occasionally. Look at the MM extreme duty units.. MM recommends sticking with the factory upper control arms (which is why thats all they sell)..

Depending on your ride height, you may need upper control arms that are adjustable to dial in your pinion angle.. There are lots of aftermarket control arm options out there...

Like anything else, you get what you pay for.

If your gonna use the car hard in some occasional autocross or even spirited street driving.. you may want to consider a PHB.. These rear suspensions move and bind a lot. get good quality stuff to prevent that.. For that much HP, new LCAs are a minimum to get the power to the ground. Although it wont allow you to compete in stock class for autoX, you may want to consider a complete rear suspension set up

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
what do you know... i have the exact control arms posted in the above links (non adj HD lowers and FMS Uppers) for sale... just came off of a project car and they have less than 5 miles on them.

prez1967 at hotmail dot com if your interested.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone...My complete front suspension is all MM as well. I guess the best answer maybe to go with MM extreme duty LCA and FMS Uppers till I'm ready for a Torque arm.

·
Registered
506 Posts
new LCAs are a minimum to get the power to the ground. Although it wont allow you to compete in stock class for autoX, you may want to consider a complete rear suspension set up
With 650 rwhp, I'm thinking he won't be in stock class anyway.

I'm also thinking control arms will be the least of his problems in getting that power down!

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts