Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have MM PHB on my 03 GT for past 1.5yrs. I havent had a rear bar for the past 10 years and just picked up a stock rear bar. Will the bar fit with my PHB?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Are you using the stock lower control arms? I run the MM LCAs and I think I have a little more clearance than that. I know that they don't rub at least.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ooooh very tight fit. You can see in the 3rd pic where the sway bar paint (i just rattled can'd it) rubbed off when l raised the rear end.
I have to believe if it's rubbing just by articulating the axle on jackstands, it will almost certainly hit the panhard bar when driving the car in anger...if that was my car, I would leave the swaybar off until I had a better solution.

Mark

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to believe if it's rubbing just by articulating the axle on jackstands, it will almost certainly hit the panhard bar when driving the car in anger...if that was my car, I would leave the swaybar off until I had a better solution.

Mark
Yeah going to crawl under the car tonight and pull it. Maybe grind a few hundreths off at that one spot.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are you using the stock lower control arms? I run the MM LCAs and I think I have a little more clearance than that. I know that they don't rub at least.
Agreed with this. I have seen way more clearance than that.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
The clearance shown in posts #4 and #9 is fine. Both the PHB rod and the rear swaybar are bolted to items which more or less keep them in their own fore/aft planes. There is really no way for this clearance to change while the car is driving.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
As an FYI to anyone else seeing this thread.

In every case we have ever had of interference of the front of the PHB rod with the rear of a stock Mustang rear swaybar, the car has had Steeda RLCAs on it. One customer informed us that Steeda told them that they moved the swaybar mounting holes rearward on their RLCAs. No reason was given.

·
Registered
517 Posts
As an FYI to anyone else seeing this thread.

In every case we have ever had of interference of the front of the PHB rod with the rear of a stock Mustang rear swaybar, the car has had Steeda RLCAs on it. One customer informed us that Steeda told them that they moved the swaybar mounting holes rearward on their RLCAs. No reason was given.
Thanks Jack!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts