Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who uses what?? whats recommended for a low 10 high 9 sec street/drag car? i had the conventional FMS "B" springs and single adj shocks last year and has high 1.4 60s. swapped to coil overs and this year i can beat a 1.50. seems alot of people use the conventional setup with UPR's stuff?

·
Registered
711 Posts
coilovers with the right spring rates.

did you ever figure out your locking up problem?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coilovers with the right spring rates.

did you ever figure out your locking up problem?
I just cant get it to work at all...

yea..put in a trac bar and its been fine for about 10 passes and 100 street miles

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
My car is not as fast as yours (high-10s) but I run coilover type springs in the conventional location with Maximum Motorsports weld in adapters. This allowed me to take advantage of the multitude of spring rates available with coilover type springs without having to spend the money on a coilover kit or the added weight of the coilover hardware.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I prefer conventional springs. I run AFCO stock style rear springs.
see...now ur running what i thinkmy car should run....what weight? gears and tires?

auto or stick?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This weekend I just got my best 60' 1.34 3640 lbs...stock rear springs with 1 coil cut out.

wow nice job!!! care to share the control arm specs??

i want to grab some UPR/Wolfe lowers but not sure if I should get standard length or single adjustables to center the rear end.

·
Registered
711 Posts
wow nice job!!! care to share the control arm specs??

i want to grab some UPR/Wolfe lowers but not sure if I should get standard length or single adjustables to center the rear end.
get some dbl adj lowers and if you have front coilovers also get the car scaled.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Double Adjustable LOWERS????

Who makes those? They must be for coilover rears only, no conventional spring will work. Ive never seen double lowers.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Double Adjustable LOWERS????

Who makes those? They must be for coilover rears only, no conventional spring will work. Ive never seen double lowers.
baselinesuspensions.com

yea..they are nice but i think un-needed for me at least

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I see them now. Yup, coilover onlu (obviously, wouldnt work with spring perches). I have Kevin's single adj. lowers on my car.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'd run coilovers just for the easy ability to adjust things. I have the D&D motorsports rear coilover kit that mounts in the stock location with QA1 springs that I replaced the ones that came with the kit. I needed a lower lb spring.

I am now going to the Baseline Pro Launch #2 that relocates the uppers. It says on Baselinesuspensions.com that it is better to have a way of adjusting the rear ride height.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd run coilovers just for the easy ability to adjust things. I have the D&D motorsports rear coilover kit that mounts in the stock location with QA1 springs that I replaced the ones that came with the kit. I needed a lower lb spring.

I am now going to the Baseline Pro Launch #2 that relocates the uppers. It says on Baselinesuspensions.com that it is better to have a way of adjusting the rear ride height.
thats what I have...Varishock double adj coil overs w/ 130lb springs. the car just doesnt transfer and stay there even at full loose setting...like the coils being behind the axle are preventing it from transfering? i dunno. im sending my converter out to be re-worked and i will try it one more time.

the other thing about my coil overs is they are REALLY angled. prob about a 70ish fegree angled back due to how they mount...is that ok??

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
hmm mine sit in there straight up and down as far as I can tell. I'm only running Comp Engineering 3 way shocks. I plan on changing to a set of double adjustable when the funds allow me to do that.

Maybe take a look at the Skinny Kid stock rear coilover mount.

http://www.skinnykidracecars.com/products/504/skrccoilovrkit

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
711 Posts
that is a big problem. the shocks should not angle like that. i was told from a chassis builder to have them a 5* at the most.

why are they angled toward the front anyway? that seem odd also.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts