Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says. I have a MM coil over kit coming in and I would like to hear some experienced opinions on what would be a good rate to run in the rear. I ordered the coil overs with a 300lb. spring. The car, as far as I know, has either Ford B or C springs in it. Which I hope to confirm today or tomorrow when I put the Koni Yellows in the rear.

Obviously I will cal Maximum. But I just want to hear what you all are running.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
B/C rears are the same - 200-300 progressive. In any event, I assume you have a stock rear suspension. As a result, when selecting a rear rate you have to include the wheel rate added by the control arm bushings as they approach bind. If we didn't need to worry about bind then a rear rate of about 450# would do it. But with the bind, I'd keep it in the 300# range - maybe an H&R Super Race or the lower end T/A spring. Ride quality will probably suffer.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My plan is to replace the rear lower control arms with MM Extreme Duty non-adjustable lowers. Along with a stock set of uppers.

Also, I ordered 300lb. springs but they sent me 325lb.

I am thinking about just ordering a pair of 275lb springs and keeping the 325s'.

We'll see. I have to contact my vendor and see what they say.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
I'd advise going with the height adjustable rears since you have front C/Os. Yes, a bit more money but then you get ride height adjustability at both ends of the car. Well worth the extra. FWIW, I bought twice on the RLCAs.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had thought about that. But the price is a deterrent. Although I am sure they are worth it.

What is your overall setup? You drag racing and auto-x?

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
The height-adjustables are worth every penny, and I kick myself for not getting them sooner.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
I auto-x and open track; no "sanctioned drag racing". Bushings are poly 3-piece at the chassis end; spherical at the axle end. When I ran uppers they were either stock Ford or a one-off PM3L. Now I run a T/A.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts