Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car I bought came with some QA1 adjustable rear shocks and Tokico adjustable front struts. How can I tell if they are still in good working order?

On the rears, when I put it on the lowest setting I can push the shock together, but it stays there and doesn't start to expand on its own. Now I can pull it apart no problem manually... as I adjust it to the highest setting, I cant even get it to move anywhere... I am assuming these are working as intended but are the rear shocks supposed to expand on their own when compressed????

Adam

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
The car I bought came with some QA1 adjustable rear shocks and Tokico adjustable front struts. How can I tell if they are still in good working order?

On the rears, when I put it on the lowest setting I can push the shock together, but it stays there and doesn't start to expand on its own. Now I can pull it apart no problem manually... as I adjust it to the highest setting, I cant even get it to move anywhere... I am assuming these are working as intended but are the rear shocks supposed to expand on their own when compressed????

Adam
Are the shocks out of the car or in the car? They should come back on there own in the car. Out of the car, unless they are gas charged, they will not extend on their own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts