Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which do yall recomend? the gms which i have read dont work that well, the maximum motorsport, or the evolution? I am leaning towards the evolution because of the price. also, 3 peice or spherical bushings?

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Plenty, unfortunately most of them are focusing around search features, attention-defecit disrorder, anger management, and the state of public education these days.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I had the MM height adjustable rear lower control arms until I moved to ESP where they are not legal. Very sturdy, height adjuster is very handy, and they seemed to reduce bind. Very well built. I'd have them again if I could.

Haven't seen the EVM pieces, but they have a good reputation for their Watts and 3-link.

Edit to add - MFE does have a point. Consider the above a freebie and read the site rules. Be thankful you're not on that "other" site.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately, the search option on this site sucks. thanks for the info roflz, and nobody seems to know any thing about the evolution arms. I have looked at thier site and they are all about suspension so it seems that they should make good products.?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I say Maximum Motorsports......they are the best......all others suck, and the ride quality of the MM's are 1000 times better than any other on the market.

I DARE SOMEONE TO PROVE ME WRONG!!!!! :)

(((I'm just joking by the way......like MFE said, search is your friend.)))

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah read my first post the gms which i have read dont work that well that is really at the info i can find on here i guess ill just get something else instead like gears or headers i dont want to spend like 400 bucks on control arms right now.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
The only thing that sucks about the search feature is its character minimum. For instance, "LCA" won't get you anywhere. But, judicious use of forum filters, wildcards like *, OR, AND, and any of a variety of words like...

LCA*
Control
Arms
Evolution
Maximum
Motorsports
Griggs
Steeda
Granatelli
UPR*
spherical
3-piece
urethane
etc etc etc.

Come on, people.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i used "rear lower control arms"

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gee thanks guys i dont feel really cool right now didnt really feel like searching i just got the blow off by some girl thanks again.... i hope yall feel better :crying:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
riph22a said:
gee thanks guys i dont feel really cool right now didnt really feel like searching i just got the blow off by some girl thanks again.... i hope yall feel better :crying:
Ask her what LCA's you shoud get, if she can't tell you, then it wasn't meant to be.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha thanks man. That picked up my spirits a lil.....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wow! MFE. Not much has change since I have been away playing with Imports. Now that they are out of my system im back to playing with Mustangs again. There are many choices for rear control arms. shop around. Maximums are always up top. Well made. Steeda also makes a good Arm.as well as Pro3 and Griggs, its buyers choice.

·
Registered
657 Posts
What is it your looking to accomplish or fix with arms? Looking at your signature it doesn't look like you're taking much of a systems approach to modifying your car. Maybe this isn't your case, but I see a lot of people buying parts based in how much cash they have in their wallet that day and not looking at the big picture with a goal in mind.

If open track is your goal, save the money and put it towards a torque arm / panhard bar or 5-link set up, or better yet, brakes. Arms alone aren't going to transform your car, in fact rear arms would be the last thing on my list for chassis mods. FWIW...I'm running stock Ford 82GT rear arms, which are the same as SVO and Police package, with a torque arm and panhard bar.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I'm using Lakewood Traction action lowers (basically just a RLCA with poly bushings and a relocator bracket on the axle that changes the mounting point). I know these are technically drag race inspired, but my dad got me them for my b-day and they drive great!

any pros or cons to using them on a road course?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I use something like that on my 05 Mustang. They work Autocrossing. In made the control arms level after I dropped the car with coilovers. and made use in my instant center again for better forward grip.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
bikewiz said:
I'm using Lakewood Traction action lowers (basically just a RLCA with poly bushings and a relocator bracket on the axle that changes the mounting point). I know these are technically drag race inspired, but my dad got me them for my b-day and they drive great!

any pros or cons to using them on a road course?
Do a search, LCA's with poly on both ends create bind. This leads to a loss of traction while cornering and can make for some dangerous oversteer. Great for drag racing, lousy for handling.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts