Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator & USAF (Retired)
14,998 Posts
Wolf offers one, or fab your own. THere is a specific gauge aluminum and steel required, get an NHRA rule book to ensure yours is legal.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I built one for mine when I put the cell in it. Its required to be .024" steel or .032" aluminum. I ripped it back out cut out the spare tire well, built a box for the cell with and door on it. Works much better. A buddy has access to a 10' shear and a brake, we cut it and bet it in about 45min.

todd

·
Registered
543 Posts
If you run one of wolfecraft's hatch bulkheads are you still required to run a sealed battery box or not? Just curious because summit shipped me a non sealed box and was thinking of doing the bulkhead anyways. And in the pic on the above thread the battery isnt even in a box, but on the wolfecraft site it shows one with a sealed box, so im confused. Thanks:confused:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm under the impression that If you have a rear firewall you don't need a sealed battery box. In the car in the picture its legal for the Renigade class in the NMRA so I'm sure thats accurate. Thats the reason I was looking at it. Who knows... If the future I may get a fuel cell but not in the near future.

Thanks

Joe Zemaitis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts