Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i put upr double adj uppers and adj lowers in and now my rear is about 1/2" towards pass side. Befor install i set all arms to stock length and when i adj pinion angle i adj both upper equally. What would cause it to sit towards pass side?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Use and adjust the uppers to adjust rearend lateral setting.Sounds like you need to lengthen the passenger side,shorten drivers.Use the lower to adust longitutional alignment.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use and adjust the uppers to adjust rearend lateral setting.Sounds like you need to lengthen the passenger side,shorten drivers.Use the lower to adust longitutional alignment.
Thanks !!! a friend of mine got back to me and told me the same thing.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there good places to take measurements off of to square this thing up?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
To really do it correctly you would need to determine the chassis centerline by plumbobbing the front and rear suspension frame mounting points and finding the half way point between them. With the chassis centerline you can create a perpendicular line and check just about anything in the front and rear suspension from them two lines.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Here's someones post kinda easier to understand.

You need to plot your suspension on a garage floor.#Get yourself some fishing line and a washer. You can use a plumb bob if you have one.#Lift the car up on 4 jackstands as high as you can go. Make sure the stands are under the suspension.Pick identical points along the car front to back and use your marker to write down on the ground where the point is. I started with the frame rails and marked them at 3 points and then used a square to trace out a line on the floor.#Then move to your suspension componants and trace/measure everything. It won't be long before you get to see the big picture of how everything is aligned. I used the center of the LCA mounts for reference points in the rear, along with the axle centers and compared all the measurements.You can measure from a front point across to a rear in an X pattern if you want to see if the car was twisted up. Mine was less than a 1/4". I imagine that's well within Ford factory spec anyways.#It sounds ridiculous, but it works quite well and is pretty easy if you can use a marker, and a tapemeasure.#I did it to square up the rear end in the car after I added a full UPR kit and before I took it for a 4 wheel alignment. Seems to have worked well, as I had zero problems hooking and the car tracked true and was incredibly predictable, even at 143mph.__________________Ian

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's someones post kinda easier to understand.

You need to plot your suspension on a garage floor.#Get yourself some fishing line and a washer. You can use a plumb bob if you have one.#Lift the car up on 4 jackstands as high as you can go. Make sure the stands are under the suspension.Pick identical points along the car front to back and use your marker to write down on the ground where the point is. I started with the frame rails and marked them at 3 points and then used a square to trace out a line on the floor.#Then move to your suspension componants and trace/measure everything. It won't be long before you get to see the big picture of how everything is aligned. I used the center of the LCA mounts for reference points in the rear, along with the axle centers and compared all the measurements.You can measure from a front point across to a rear in an X pattern if you want to see if the car was twisted up. Mine was less than a 1/4". I imagine that's well within Ford factory spec anyways.#It sounds ridiculous, but it works quite well and is pretty easy if you can use a marker, and a tapemeasure.#I did it to square up the rear end in the car after I added a full UPR kit and before I took it for a 4 wheel alignment. Seems to have worked well, as I had zero problems hooking and the car tracked true and was incredibly predictable, even at 143mph.__________________Ian
excellent!!!! this is what i needed. i was sitting under my car and trying to figure out how the hell i could measer and square this thing up when nothing seems to be consistent. this will work well.

so based on your post i can pick any front or rear mounting point as long as im consistant all the way around?.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts