Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do people do this?

Looks like the Wolfe piece is nice, what do guys do to get around the cage bars.

Anyone got picks?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool....

but what if your cage bars go all the way to the back?? They'll have to pass through the bulkhead at some point.....

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I got a good tip from the guys at Wolfe Racecraft.Measure and cut the bulkhead horizontally at the point the bars go thru the bulkhead at the center of the tube.So half will be above the tubes and half below.The holes can be cut before or after the horizontal cut is made.Then fit the lower half then the upper and pop rivet the two pieces together(I used tabs I made to hold the two pieces together,and pop riveted both panels to these).Its still a pain to fit,but the result looks like a pro did it for a little over $100.I can get photos if needed.Tim

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Heck yeah, post up some pix Tim.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Quick ?...how did ya come up with the measurement on were to cut it?...did u make a template?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
X2 on the cardboard.Even with the cardboard template it still required a little trimming around the holes as it was hard to know exactly where the bulkhead was going to sit when making the template.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
91blown5oh: Really nice work. Its amazing how some attention can make something that can behave like a race car look almost pleasant to be in.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Check out Scottrod fabrication!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts