Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.fullytorquedracing.com/mustang/newedge/sn95-13-rear-brake-bracket.html

At the moment, I'm needing new rear calipers on the IRS under my 01 GT. Would it be worth the effort to do something like in the link above? I already have a set of front 13" rotors as spares and I can machine my own brackets. The only cost difference would be the calipers and pads. I also already have SSBC 4 Piston calipers and 13" rotors up front.
Thanks up front.:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
Lots more weight where you don't need it, plus way more brake bias where you don't need it, yay!

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Just to clarify, the standard prop valve won't correct the F/R torque bias mismatch. Brake torque bias is determined by the size of the caliper pistons and the rotor size. The prop valve only moves the pressure knee-point (point where pressure is reduced to rear brakes) up or down the slope during hard stopping. Otherwise, the pressure to the rear is linear. Has nothing to do with brake torque design.

By putting the same size caliper and rotor on the rear as was designed for the front will more than likely cause rear lock before front lock regardless of how the prop valve is set. Not only will this cause unstable braking, but longer rather than shorter stopping distances.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Wow!! Talk about serious front to rear brake bias issues. Terrible idea and completely unnecessary!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks qtr, great explanation!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts