Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered Maximum Motorsports rear SS brake line kit for the 87-95 cars. This is the kit that contains the two SS braided lines that go from the calipers to the hard lines on the rear end and the SS braided line that goes from the rear end to the frame rail. I noticed that the SS braided line that goes from the rear end to the frame rail has a banjo connection on the frame rail side. I called MM and the the guy asked me what year car and if it was a factory 5.0 car. It is on my T-Bird which is an '83 and was a 5.0 car from the factory but it has the standard hex head threaded fittings. Evidently there is some kind of adapter that converts the hard line on the frame rail from a threaded fitting to a banjo fitting on the 87-95 5.0 Mustangs.

Where can I get one of these? Is it a salvage yard only kind of thing? Any help would be appreciated. I posted this in the General Tech forum as well so don't shoot me. I am stuck and need some help.

Thanks,

Darren

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
My car was originally a 4 cyl car and I had to get that bracket and banjo fitting for my car when I went to the cobra rear brakes. The piece is no longer available from factory (I tried) so I had to go the junkyard route. You'll have to drill out the rivets holding the bracket onto the parts car and do some double flares, a coupler fitting, etc to adapt it to your car. The holes for the bracket were already on my car from the factory so I'd assume the same in your case.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I was begining to think so thank you for the information. I will head to the salvage yard tomorrow with my cordless. Should I take a small tubing cutter as well?

Darren

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information and time. Hopefully there a couple of cars in local salvage yards that I can get those pieces off of. My 93 Coupe has the Cobra brakes on it with ABS and it was a factory 4 banger so the soft line from the frame rail to the axle is a rubber unit as are the lines from the axle to the calipers.

Darren

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally located a stock v-8 car and a buddy had it on the side of his shop. The 8.8 was still in it and he just gave me the rear brake line assembly. Good to have a few friends that still run the Fox cars.

Darren

1 - 7 of 7 Posts