Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88gt with disc brakes in all 4 corners with stock lenght axels in the rear
I have a kit on the car that uses Turbo Coup caliper and rotors. I now have a five lug setup with rangers axels and I had the TC rotors drilled to match the 5 lug but I want to switch to a 94 setup using the same axels because the rotors are easier and cheaper to get but I need the brackets for this setup and the only one I can find is North racing and they want $150 for the kit is there anything eles out there for a better price.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not really, If you buy richard's brackets MAKE SURE you get anti moan brackets.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I got my '94 rear kit from a guy who was parting out a car. I paid less than $200 for brackets ,calipers, rotors & pads. You can find deals like that all the time in any of the Mustang Forums. (Did you check www.stangnet.com?) The anti-moan brackets are brackets that mount to the caliper bracket and axle. On some '94 Mustangs the rear calipers would moan from vibrations when you would stop. So Ford added the Anit-moan brackets to keep them from making that sound.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ARE THE NORTH RACECARS BRACKETS ONLY FOR COBRA CALIPERS OR CAN YOU USE THEM FOR REGULAR 94 AND UP GT BRAKES ALSO

·
Registered
154 Posts
By-Tor said:
I got my '94 rear kit from a guy who was parting out a car. I paid less than $200 for brackets ,calipers, rotors & pads. You can find deals like that all the time in any of the Mustang Forums. (Did you check www.stangnet.com?)

94 Mustangs' axles are .75" longer to acomodate the brackets you're talking about. He mentioned in his first post that he wants to keep the Fox axles. Your solution won't work in that application. He would have to buy new axles.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ooops my bad. Yeah you would have to switch to '94+ axles. But you can still find what you need pretty cheap just by digging around. The brackets you need for Fox length axles can be found from either a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe or the old Ford Motorsport rear disc conversion kit.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
I don't think $150 isn't a bad deal for the rear brackets to keep the stock Fox lenght axles. It is pricey if you have to buy the axles and the rest of the brake components.

I am using the NC brackets along with fox-lenght 5-lug axles for a Cobra 11.65" rear disk setup. I want to keep the stock fox lenght so i can run 17x9 wheels out back.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
sorry to bring this back form the dead....

if I buy the northracecar relocation brackets...do i still need the dust shields and antimoan brackets off of an sn95 car?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
:crying:
sorry to bring this back form the dead....

if I buy the northracecar relocation brackets...do i still need the dust shields and antimoan brackets off of an sn95 car?

Neither part is required. The anti-moan brackets are nice to have though.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
be prepared to fabricate yourself a set of shims....

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=839307
He is using the proper length axles, not the slightly longer Mosers that you had. North Racercars also says in their instructions that you may need to slightly shim it with the washers that they provide.

When I installed mine one side was perfect and the other side I needed to use a washer per hole. He isnt going to need to fabricate spacers.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
would the anti-moan brackets and dust shields from a 03-04 cobra work on a solid axle?

Nope, different rear setup due to the IRS. Only the calipers and rotors are the same as solid rear Cobras/Mach/Bullitts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
yeah 1/16 of an inch equaled a 3/8th of spacer on each side. Just be prepared. I was also real impressed with Richards attitude towards my questions. After he says I'm just trashing his stuff and my axles are too long (1/16 of an inch compared right next to the stockers, pics don't lie.) he then tells me the brackets are made this way for people running different pinion depth?????

1 - 20 of 24 Posts