Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to go look at a 96 GT with 54K miles on it. Guy had just took it around the block and got a coolant leak. Put some more coolant in it and started it up to see where it was coming from, and it was GUSHING upwards from between the alternator and intake manifold. This is the first time I've ever even looked at a modular engine before, so I'm a little unfamiliar. It LOOKS like there is a coolant hose feeding the bottom of the intake manifold, straight from the water pump, am I correct? It seems this is where it's coming from, BUT I did a search and noticed there is a TSB on 96 Intakes for cracking(especially in that area?). What's your opinion, and how difficult is it to replace the hose? Looks like it just involves removing the alternator. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. It is a VERY clean car.

-Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're probably right. I'll tell him to get the TSB for it and get the new style aluminum runner intake. Can't hurt to get it done if it's free, anyhow!

·
Registered
906 Posts
it is most likely the water pump if it is spraying around. The tube going the length of the "V" of the block may be it. I doubt its the manifold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts