Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Real Leather Emergency Brake Boot for a 94-98 Mustang, Black with Black Stitching

Listed is a custom black leather Ford Mustang 1994-98 emergency brake boot. I had this custom made for a 1998 Mustang Cobra, but I sold the car before I installed it. The quality of the leather is excellent and I am providing a picture of it shown inside out for your review as well. It is available from Northern, VA (22152 zip code).
Asking $30

Unique interior appearance upgrade - replace cheap factory vinyl with custom leather ebrake boot for an upgraded look.
Hand crafted from finest Italian leather. Color is the true black found in SN95 Mustangs (usually found in earlier SN95 model years).
Designed for DIY installation. There is a link to the installation guide available (PM me).

Pictures are of actual item.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
The pain with replacing these is not the boot itself but the bezel. It’s held on by 6 or so plastic tabs that are melted and bent over to keep it on. Nearly impossible to heat up to get back off. I was able to get 2 of mine to be right. The rest didn’t hold well when reattached. Ended up using glue and clamps for a day to keep tight while drying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please, see my updated listing for the asking price. If you feel you have a reasonable offer then feel free to send your offer to me (via PM).

Yeah, if you look at the instructions Redline provides they seem to show an automatic transmission. Unfortunately, they mention removing bolts, but you do actually need to remove the plastic tabs and you a glue gun or do as they recommend using "epoxy-based glue (Automotive GOOP or a similar product) and take your time". I know there are a number of folks that have done this on a SN95 on Stangnet.

//Break//

It seems I have made an error as it has been a while, this is an Emergency break boot and NOT a Shift boot. I believe it still requires tabs to be removed and then glue gun/ epoxy-based glue to set the new boot in place.
Standby for this listing to be corrected or replaced.
Sorry folks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.