Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling Ford Racing Cobra Rs, chrome, 17x8, 4 lug, with 255/40/17 Nitto 555extreme on the front and 275/40/17 555drag radials on the back. they have 300 miles on them. i decided i want weld rims. i ordered them from summit racing, they don't have a scratch on them(not even road rash which u can see in the pics, they are mounted and balanced already, basically brand new. i have about $1800 invested and i am asking $1350obo. also included is a chrome Mcgard lug nut kit with locks $60 from summit.i live in south carolina. contact me on here or email me at [email protected] or call my cell at 803-968-2829 my name is daniel

you won't be sorry this is like a brand new set and i still have the boxes if you want them

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how about speak when u know what your talking about... ford racing makes rims for 87-93 mustang 4 lug...these are real look it up from now on

·
Registered
399 Posts
This is going to be fun...

OK...when you say "REAL" Cobra R's, there was only ONE Cobra R. The REAL Cobra R was 5 lug, NOT 4.

You have FMS R replicas...NOT real R.

Glad to see you stuck your own foot in your mouth by saying Ford Racing makes them. My work is done here. Looks like you need to do your own research there pal.

Good luck.

·
Registered
399 Posts
1990LxStang said:
what do you think your cool or something? ford racing makes these wheels. thats what is real about them not some cheap ass china ****. they are more expensive and better quality. why don't u look it up, ford makes 5 lug cobra r and 4 lug for the 87-93 mustangs. these cost $290 a piece from summit racing or you can buy the replicas for $125. so i am right so why don't you stop being a jack ass and shut up cuz u sound like a dick
Nice...sending me harassing PM's. You sound like someone somebody will REALLY want to buy from. Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
JoeAsheville said:
This is going to be fun...

OK...when you say "REAL" Cobra R's, there was only ONE Cobra R. The REAL Cobra R was 5 lug, NOT 4.

You have FMS R replicas...NOT real R.

Glad to see you stuck your own foot in your mouth by saying Ford Racing makes them. My work is done here. Looks like you need to do your own research there pal.

Good luck.
Joe, you are correct when you say there was only one Cobra R.

However, Daniel is also correct in saying he has "Real" Cobra R's. Here's a link from Ford Racing Performance Parts for a 4 lug CHROME FORD RACING MUSTANG COBRA “R” WHEEL (as titled)
Here's the link Ford Racing

That's straight from the source, no arguing that.

Ford Racing also makes a Chrome 5 lug Cobra "R" Wheel. Is that a replica?

If that's the case, unless you actually own a 1995 Cobra R, and you own Cobra "R" Wheels (M-1007-R58's or not) you have replicas.

I own a set of silver 5 lug R58's and M179's (for Fox Bodies). Are they replicas?

Let's not argue about something so trivial. :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
No argument, just stating facts. I felt there was a misrepresentation by the seller.

Besides, he has now started a new thread here:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=637696

...without the "real" moniker. Good enough for me. Frankly, all R50's made by Ford are not real R's, the real ones were made by a company in Japan. So, Ford is actually the imitator in this respect.

There are plenty of Genuine Real R58's floating around that did not come on a 95 R model, BTW. ;) But we can have that discussion another time.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow, lets all give you a round of applause. if you were so smart you wouldnt interupt someone's thread saying they are aftermarket wheels when they are motorsport wheels. You might be the one that needs to research, check the site. Just made yourself look like a fool.

·
Registered
399 Posts
65Stang289 said:
Wow, lets all give you a round of applause. if you were so smart you wouldnt interupt someone's thread saying they are aftermarket wheels when they are motorsport wheels. You might be the one that needs to research, check the site. Just made yourself look like a fool.
Thanks for the applause...that's all the ratification that I needed. Thanks for helping me prove my point...that FMS made the imitation wheel. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
699 Posts
OH, you stupid trolls.

They are real FORD units. They are 4 lug, Ford Cobra R replicas. NO, they are not the original 5 lug units.

Sheesh, calm down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts