Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sold on gettin the M-2300-K kit but recently hear that the Baer kit is more of a straight forward bolt on kit... what should I do?! the price seems close enough to not matter but what do you fellow track junkies suggest from experience? I'd be using SN95 spindles either way.

Also, where do you guys recommend i go to purchase either kit? Looking for a place with good customer service and that know what they're talking about (competetiveness in price would be nice too).

-Dimitri

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the Brembo Kit and am happy with it. Only took 30 minutes to install, and I'm no mechanic. Very simple bolt on to my 01 Cobra :)

I had the Cobra PBR's on my 01' Cobra prior to changing. The real difference I feel is in fad resistance. With a good pad (Cobalt Spec VR, etc.), they will "feel" the same IMO, but I cannot overheat the Brem's. They feel the same to me lap after lap.

my .02

Craig

·
Registered
179 Posts
By the way, I got mine from Brothers performance.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Keep in mind the M2300K kit includes rear axles and whatnot where the Baer kit probably doesn't. I have the 00R's up front and a Baer kit in the back. I was really impressed with the quality of the Baer kit (both kits really). Rear rotors are going to be a lot easier to come by for the M2300K kit, if that makes a difference. Lastly, I'm assuming you're already 5-lug or will be converting...

David

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
The Baer "M2300K Killer" DOES include rear axles...it has to, because it uses Corvette rotors and a non-offset caliper bracket, and stock Ford axles won't work. It does not include front spindles but it does include everything else required to install it on the car except fluid.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm looking to convert to 5 lug...

I talked with the ford dealer today and they told me that M2300K isn't available till late september... i'll call mark tomorrow and see what he says...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Go ahead and get the Baer kit from Mark W. On your fox, you'll have to deal with offset issues with the 2300K. It makes running those 275's all around more difficult in my experience.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You might check with Brad's Custom Auto for Baer as well.
I have the BAER kit on my car. The install is quicker. You don't have to mess with the booster, just swap the master cyl. The Fox length axles are a nice feature as well.
www.bradscustomauto.com

·
Registered
456 Posts
MTNMAN said:
You might check with Brad's Custom Auto for Baer as well.
I have the BAER kit on my car. The install is quicker. You don't have to mess with the booster, just swap the master cyl. The Fox length axles are a nice feature as well.
www.bradscustomauto.com
OMG, isn't there rules about shamelessly plugging a retailer on the Corral!! :)
Anything you can do to avoid a booster swap is time well spent. I've heard of people taking days to get a Cobra BB installed in a Fox. I too have the Baer kit and it is easily one of the best mods on the car.

·
Registered
379 Posts
redb*tch said:
OMG, isn't there rules about shamelessly plugging a retailer on the Corral!! :)
How is that a shameless plug. Its not uncommon for people on these forums to refer each other to a retailer they like. There was three different people making suggestions on possible places to buy. Often people will start a thread asking were the best place to buy is. :)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
motoace said:
Go ahead and get the Baer kit from Mark W. On your fox, you'll have to deal with offset issues with the 2300K. It makes running those 275's all around more difficult in my experience.
SOLD! you just answered the question i logged on to post... if i can use the Baer Kit and bolt on a set of 17x9s with no additional mods needed, then Mark's got my business for sure :)

i'll need 94-95 spindles correct?

·
Registered
90 Posts
prez1967 said:
i'll need 94-95 spindles correct?
Correct. FYI, I have the Baer Track kit, 95 spindles, 10th Ann. wheels with 275's, lowered 2" up front (Steeda Sport Springs :curses: ), and I have major fender rubbing issues up front. So just make sure you’re not too low up front, 1.5" is more than enough.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
JimJr said:
Correct. FYI, I have the Baer Track kit, 95 spindles, 10th Ann. wheels with 275's, lowered 2" up front (Steeda Sport Springs :curses: ), and I have major fender rubbing issues up front. So just make sure you’re not too low up front, 1.5" is more than enough.
I have the same setup except 255s AVS 100s and coilovers. My car sits very low, 2" or more and I only have a slight rubbing problem on the fender.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It will fit. Most likely you will need to roll the fenders, and depending on if you have a GT or not, clearance some other stuff.
Heres some pictures of a car we just did the same thing to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts