Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to run my 2000 GT this weekend. I have been running my 89 CP coupe, but I sealed the season (only one in CP :cool: ) win last month, so I decided to see what the newer car could do. I was very impressed. The older car has more power, but the newer car was about 2.5 seconds faster and much easier to drive at that level.

I was also formally introduced to Mr. Snap Oversteer. I have a 2001 IRS setup, and now I understand the need for a bushing upgrade. The rear did have a tendency to move around at turn in and mid corner.

All in all, a great weekend of fun and sun in South Texas. I set a goal of dipping into the 44 second range, but finshed with a 43.1, very pleased. That pulled me within 2 seconds of the "fast guys" on dedicated tires and lots of seat time. Can't wait to get some RA1's mounted and the bushings upgraded.

Just wanted to share.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
This is my first Mustang, and I must say that I was really really impressed when I autox'd the car in stock trim. With very minor upgrades, the car came alive each time.

I came from import cars, and had always had the "Big V8's/Muscle Cars fall on their faces in the turns.....bla bla bla..." pounded into my brain by alota people around here.

I find that it's nice to have a good drag car, autox, and daily driver in one very capable package.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And there's a lot of satisfaction in stealing the thunder from a vehicle deemed "The Ultimate Driving Machine" with my little pony car.

Mostly I enjoy the challenge of getting my car to do things that it was not intended to do. I guess it might be more cost effective to buy something that was engineered to cut an apex, but there is a certain amount of satisfaction to be had in developing these abilities yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts