Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of your tracks let cars run with no front panels (just the motor sitting there running) installed? It's not me because I say it's a safety violation and I had a discussion with the officials. I also don't have the 2008 NHRA rulebook. I have found in the general section (think it's the NHRA book) where it states online that full body cars need four fenders.

Anyone help to guide me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I would think you need to run the front fenders...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Put the fenders on. The tech inspector wont even let your car off the trailor!! if there even is a tech inspector at your local track?

·
Registered
270 Posts
The tech is fairly lax at our track, but I'm sure they wouldn't let you run a street car without fenders!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Why on Gods green earth would you take a pile like that to the track? Run all the body panels for your safety and everyone elses. It takes all of 30 minutes to put a set of fenders and a bumper on.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I may be wrong but it sounds like the OP has a problem with somebody doing this and the track letting them. Provided the undressed car doesn't have a stock balancer on it, there really is no safety issue to speak of by having no front body. Obviously NHRA doesn't think it's a safety issue either since there are several classes that allow exposed engines. If NHRA has a rule that says any full body car must all body panels in place, it's to keep ragged looking junk off the track but not necessarily because it's a safety issue with the equipment. Sounds like to me the OP needs to mind his own business.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may be wrong but it sounds like the OP has a problem with somebody doing this and the track letting them. Provided the undressed car doesn't have a stock balancer on it, there really is no safety issue to speak of by having no front body. Obviously NHRA doesn't think it's a safety issue either since there are several classes that allow exposed engines. If NHRA has a rule that says any full body car must all body panels in place, it's to keep ragged looking junk off the track but not necessarily because it's a safety issue with the equipment. Sounds like to me the OP needs to mind his own business.
Sounds like to me that you should make your statement without that comment at the end. It's not like I was arguing with the track, I was just trying to point something out when they started coming up with rules to keep some of our cars from running. Our track here comes up with rules after you've already paid and ready to run sometimes.

And as for the different classes, do you think this applies to Friday night street races? And I'm not talking about Top fuel or any other class. I'm talking street cars and trucks. I appreciate your input but if you have no clue in the situation that I was in then keep your comments to yourself. So it sounds like to me that YOU need to mind your own business.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts