Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I go away on a road trip and the damn thread is locked?!?!?!?!? What's up with that?

Anyway, this new one is about the comparison between the Neals I have and the SB 2.2's I've gone to.

I now have the new heads in my possession and I can give a side by side look as to how and why things are different.

Now, could I have gotten a ford head to do what this chevy ones are doing? Yes, absolutely, but it was a matter of COST, not love of a particular brand.

So here's a breakdown of the new heads:

New, not NASCAR take off castings. The heads are fully cnc ported and hand finished for my application. They have manley titanium valves, manley nextec triple springs, assembled and ready to go. Price???? 3000.00

Final flow numbers, well, those are for me.. but I will tell you they are well over 400 cfm on the intake, and well over 300 cfm on the exhaust side. Here's a little I idea though... @ .500 lift they flow 356 on the intake and 246 on the exhaust.

What would a comparable ford head run?

I will post a couple of comparison pics in short order.

·
Formerly LSNotch
840 Posts
SO I go away on a road trip and the damn thread is locked?!?!?!?!? What's up with that?

Anyway, this new one is about the comparison between the Neals I have and the SB 2.2's I've gone to.

I now have the new heads in my possession and I can give a side by side look as to how and why things are different.

Now, could I have gotten a ford head to do what this chevy ones are doing? Yes, absolutely, but it was a matter of COST, not love of a particular brand.

So here's a breakdown of the new heads:

New, not NASCAR take off castings. The heads are fully cnc ported and hand finished for my application. They have manley titanium valves, manley nextec triple springs, assembled and ready to go. Price???? 3000.00

Final flow numbers, well, those are for me.. but I will tell you they are well over 400 cfm on the intake, and well over 300 cfm on the exhaust side. Here's a little I idea though... @ .500 lift they flow 356 on the intake and 246 on the exhaust.

What would a comparable ford head run?

I will post a couple of comparison pics in short order.
You will nevaa go fast with such abomination!:lol: Hahaha J/K
I'll be intalling an LSx in my notch at the begining of next year. Hope to run low 10's high nines with a junkyard 6.0 L92 headed high revving Chevy POS!
Sorry! Back on track....

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I love chevy! If it wasnt for chevy owners us ford guys wouldnt have anyone to race and make fun of. Why do chevy owners come to a ford site and start trouble? Oh I know so we can make fun of them. Either way I know I dont go to Ls1 forum talking trash! Only good engine Chevy has anymore is the LSX! I have worked on a couple in my time! Pretty impressive..My favorite part is when they get beat by a 302 though. LOL

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
.........DYCK-HERTZ.....

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
You will nevaa go fast with such abomination!:lol: Hahaha J/K
I'll be intalling an LSx in my notch at the begining of next year. Hope to run low 10's high nines with a junkyard 6.0 L92 headed high revving Chevy POS!
Sorry! Back on track....
i went nines with a stock shortblock 170k+ mile short block... 302 h.o. motor... came out of a lincoln....

·
Formerly LSNotch
840 Posts
I don't get it! I love mustangs, but for Christ sake Ford has not made any engine IMO worth a crap lately. Sure the Cobra Modular wonder it's impressive but damn are they expensive! How many newer mustangs you see that they get transplanted a pushrod engine in? A lot! Why? Because it is hard and expensive to make hp with a modular engine. So the same theory applies here, why not use a Chevy engine and make the same power or more for even less?

My best friend have always being a Chevy guy and I never liked them and gave him crap all the time until now. Honestly I'll never put an old school Chevy engine in my notch but the LSx it's a different animal. Their potential is very impressive and even more so is how affordable compared to a similar Ford build is. Not sure what you guys are thinking but if I'm trying to use the most cost effective way to make power and combine it with a very efficient chassis, the Fox/ LSX combo is hard to beat!

What 88gtguy is trying to prove is that for the class that he's running the Ford stuff is more expensive and he can actually build a more efficient and competitive engine for less $$$. After all people are trying to be competitive is their class correct? Why limit yourself to Ford only if the class allows hybrids? Some people here need to be more open minded and understand the principle of why it is done.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First off... WOW has this struck a nerve! lol This is taking off again.

why does the moderator here even allow post like this on a ford board on chevy junk..
To answer you, I have a mustang. I've also had some pretty decent ford motors.

I documented my car build up on this site even...

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=995493

As it was pointed out by 408WNA, I'm doing this to somewhat prove a point. Don't get all wrapped around the axle about someone talking about a chevy motor on here. This is the corral right? A mustang site right? Although I'm sure a lot of people would like to see brand purity throughout, the reality is that is not really the case in a lot of areas. The mustang platform has proven to be tough to beat in a stock suspension arena, so there is TONS of crossbreeding going on with the car. I'm just giving my reason why I'm not powering my MUSTANG with a ford motor.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Point is its been done already! Honestly who cares, there are ton of chevy powered fox mustangs. Just watch pinks. Do whatever floats your boat. Me honestly I think you trying to stir crap up. Buddy and I was gonna do a 6.0 fox while back..but we never did. Fast is fast doesnt matter where it comes from! Just funny though these 6.0 iron blocks are doing it in Trans Am or Z28's. I was over Ls1 tech and someone had a fox build LSX going on, why not go there ? Think it was about 6 months ago. Let me find a link for ya!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Point is its been done already! Honestly who cares, there are ton of chevy powered fox mustangs. Just watch pinks. Do whatever floats your boat. Me honestly I think you trying to stir crap up. Buddy and I was gonna do a 6.0 fox while back..but we never did. Fast is fast doesnt matter where it comes from! Just funny though these 6.0 iron blocks are doing it in Trans Am or Z28's. I was over Ls1 tech and someone had a fox build LSX going on, why not go there ? Think it was about 6 months ago. Let me find a link for ya!
Simple solution is to not click on any of his threads anymore. You're right power is power, why should it matter what motor he chooses to put in his car? After all it IS a Mustang. Just as if he were building a Ford based motor there probably won't be any Ford parts in it. The only difference with his motor and a Ford motor is that the distributor will be hung on the opposite end and he'll have more money in the bank when it's all said and done.

The only way #### gets stirred up with threads like this is when some people (such as yourself), 5.0mustang5speed and others make foolish remarks in them. Ford has NEVER done anything for me, you or those others to make us brand specific or loyal to them. If they give me a free car truck or suv then maybe I'll consider it. Lighten up, you're obviously on the forums for a reason, you like motorsports. Deal with cross breeding or worry yourself to death about how others spend their money.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Simple solution is to not click on any of his threads anymore. You're right power is power, why should it matter what motor he chooses to put in his car? After all it IS a Mustang. Just as if he were building a Ford based motor there probably won't be any Ford parts in it. The only difference with his motor and a Ford motor is that the distributor will be hung on the opposite end and he'll have more money in the bank when it's all said and done.

The only way #### gets stirred up with threads like this is when some people (such as yourself), 5.0mustang5speed and others make foolish remarks in them. Ford has NEVER done anything for me, you or those others to make us brand specific or loyal to them. If they give me a free car truck or suv then maybe I'll consider it. Lighten up, you're obviously on the forums for a reason, you like motorsports. Deal with cross breeding or worry yourself to death about how others spend their money.
OUCH!!! lol But pretty well put.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So here's the two heads next to each other.

I did tape measure and try and take pics of that of the size difference between the ports, but it really didn't show up. But please note as with everything, there is bleed over. There really isn't too much difference between port configuration in the two heads on the intake side. If you the ford guys want to gloat here's your chance! lol The chevy design here does mimic the ford one. The exhaust is still somewhat the same. The "disadvantage" so to speak will be the fact that I will have to run water between the two close exhaust ports. But that's really not that big a deal.

The big story here I guess would be price... I got all of this:

For what it would cost me for a set of ford heads and shaft rockers. MAYBE minus the carbs, but it would be close!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
but it does matter, most of these guys here can not tune a mower..and only have a stang cause mom and daddy bought them one, and they have no loyalty, if mom -dad bought them a honda it would be the coolest thing ever, no loyalty what so ever, some on here are true to the ford name, i know i am true blue to the bone, cut me and i bleed ford blue baby, having Chevy powered stang is like being caught between being gay and not sure if you are bi or not, but in the end you are still a homo:salute:
Look how sensitive you are! lol Did this strike a nerve or what?! Don't blow a gasket here....

I will say this though, once you start making some power, things get different.

·
Registered
404 Posts
hey 88gtguy thats why they locked the other thread because these guys cant debate all they can do is name call......

1 - 20 of 221 Posts