Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to ditch the factory seats in my car and go with a single race seat. Trying to be budget friendly too.

What are y'all running?

Thoughts on a Summit style plastic seat on modified factory brackets?

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was definitely looking at leaning towards a Kirkey. I was looking for a "bolt in" set up that didn't break the bank.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I used a Kirkey 17" seat and a Racecraft 79-04 seat bracket. The brackets are about $100 each. Whether plastic or aluminum seat is used, you will need a brace for the upper portion of the seat. Are you running a cage?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cage is coming, probably this winter, but was at least going to add a harness bar and seat back support when I did put the seat in.

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
When it comes to safety, never go cheap. Buy the best helmet you can. You only get one brain, protect it the best that you can. Buy the best seat and best 5 point harness. Buy the best Jacket/Pants/Gloves/Shoes that you can. Cheap out on other stuff, never cheap out on safety. Period. Even if it means sacrificing speed because you spent the money on safety, do it. It only takes one time where things go sideways that can really change your life. Be safe, first and foremost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts