Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my kit somewhat going and I have noticed the turbo sits like 2 inches from the alternator. Its a little late now, but seems like Newt could have mounted this thing like 4 inches closer to the fender? How are you guys not melting your alt wires? I guess a blanket is the only answer.

By jturmanator, shot with COOLPIX L5 at 2008-12-24

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Every kit is like that. Not only Quicktime. Why doesn't your motor melt through your alternator...it sits only a inch away? Its fine. :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
The B&G kit seems to position the turbo further from the alt and has more space to run AC lines to the condenser. Turmie why did you scratch the AC? Anyway if you intend to drive the car on the street I suggest a blanket for the turbo.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have a VSRacing blanket on mine, wrapped the alternator wires with heat sleaving.

Recently switched to a 140a Powermaster 1 wire setup.

No problems with either alternator.

Pics are here: www.skilledit.com

·
Registered
283 Posts
March 1465 alt bracket kit, this is the only way to go. Puts the alt. about 6 or 8 inches away from the turbo and removes the tensioner. I will get a pic up shortly. Oh yeah MERRY CHRISTMAS

·
Registered
283 Posts
1/2 inch spacer, all fits under stock hood.

·
Registered
297 Posts
:rolleyes: Your alternator is not even remotely close to the stock position, but yeah. Obviously EVERY kit is not like that but the majority we use on this forum like BG, Quicktime and Ponydown are.
FYI, my is a BG kit. I just chose to mount the alternator on the driver side. It would fit just fine on the passenger side also.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Every kit is like that. Not only Quicktime. Why doesn't your motor melt through your alternator...it sits only a inch away? Its fine. :)
Its not fine, the damn wire loom about melted after only running five minutes. I will either need a blanket or alt relocater, just curious why he didnt utilize all that extra room next to the fender?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Its not fine, the damn wire loom about melted after only running five minutes. I will either need a blanket or alt relocater, just curious why he didnt utilize all that extra room next to the fender?
Did you see the pics I posted?

·
Registered
283 Posts
You will need to wrap the wires with header wrap or heat tape.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts