Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference in length on the 79-93 Tubular A-arms and the 94-04 Turbular A-arms?

Reason I ask is I have a AJE K-member in my Car with there tubular A Arms. My wheels are setting in too much in the front and I can't get enough camber out of them. My Max Motorsport CC plates are out of Ajustment on the strut and I still have 3/4" Postive Camber at the top(Top of Wheel Leaning out).

Im thinking that I may have shorter A-arms but if so I don't know which ones?

Any info?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
The fox arms are shorter. Some of the early tubular members were based off the narrow stock k-member used in the early cars.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Fox arms are 13" long, SN95 (94-98) and 87-88 Thunderbird arms are 13-3/4" long, and I believe the 99-04s are 14".

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Is there a difference in length on the 79-93 Tubular A-arms and the 94-04 Turbular A-arms?
Technically, the arms are different length. Whether or not any particular manufacturer of aftermarket arms adheres to those differences is another story altogether. Some companies have been found to use a one-size-fits-all approach to their K-members, A-arms, or both.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
My Ford sn95 arms are about 1.25" longer than the Fox arms they replaced on the 86. Front track is 2.5" wider than stock 86, which does cause some fender clearance issues. I certainly don't have a positive camber problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts