Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home for lunch today i was getting on it a little I heard POP then a rattle under the car...Look back pipe flew off...Stopped picked it up the pipe from the Turbo to the waste Gate popped off all claps and couplers are still intact Came Loose????...I want to re-install it today after work any tips so it doesnt fly off again...its an On3 kit too...I hear hair spray helps that from happening can i use that?....Oh yeah do you have to use the t-bolt clamps or can you use a good Hose clamp????

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I use cheap hairspray and have never had a problem in 2 yrs.

Correction. I did forget to tighten the clamp on the ic and that pipe blew off on the test drive. Got to pull the bumper cover off to re install that one....

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use cheap hairspray and have never had a problem in 2 yrs.
Ok cool how much do you use and were do you spray it on???

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Ok cool how much do you use and were do you spray it on???
Clean the inside of the silicone coupler and the outside of the tubing and let it dry. Then spray the inside of the coupler with cheap $1 hair spray (pump) enough to get it wet. Install couple and tighten the clamp.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Why replace them? I've had my kit on 2 different cars in 2 years and am on my 4th engine combo. I haven't had a single clamp fail. I did have the flex coupler fail and On3 offered to weld in a new one but I had it done locally because I was in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why replace them? I've had my kit on 2 different cars in 2 years and am on my 4th engine combo. I haven't had a single clamp fail. I did have the flex coupler fail and On3 offered to weld in a new one but I had it done locally because I was in a hurry.
Just was asking...i wonder why it came off...Maybe it wasnt fully tightened?....how tight can you go with these clamps...should i go until i cant turn it anymore???

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't use worm clamps on the coldside tubing. T-bolt clamps tighten up much better. Just crank them down nice and snug.
Ok thanks...I think the clamp that came off was tightened that much at all im going to go over all the clamps today i am going to use hair spray also...and keep an eye on them...Just makes me worry that its going to happen again.Thanks God i was driving on a local street and stopped instantly after i heard pop and saw it fly out from under the car...and No one hit it...The edge has a slight dent in it i will re-bend it the best i can....

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes i did check everything thanks...I know why it blew off the pipe going form the turbo to the intercooler were the wasted gate is seems to short the Silcone coupler isnt loong enough to grab the bead well enough Were can i get a longer piece of coupler that will do the trick....

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts