Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searched around and the best i found was to tighten the front (drivers side) adjustment stud to 120inlbs and back off 1.5 turns for coarse or 3 turns if fine thread then hold and tighten lock nut. the rear band (pass side) tighten to 120inlbs and back off 2 turns (which mine is coarse) then hold and tighten lock nut. this is done with the car in park correct ? this if for a pa super comp rmvb with brake.

when shifting from 1-2 and 2-3 the log shows ~500 rpm jump. im running hygard low viscosity with the remainder of dribblings of atf the previous owner could not drain out. i figured id try adjusting the bands and go from there.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they were loose ill tell ya that. lost my count up front but out back was 4 turns out from where it was to 120in lbs. i called PA and they said to snug and then 2 turns out in front and 1 turn out in back. i dunno, "snug" is really not too technical.

·
Registered
136 Posts
they were loose ill tell ya that. lost my count up front but out back was 4 turns out from where it was to 120in lbs. i called PA and they said to snug and then 2 turns out in front and 1 turn out in back. i dunno, "snug" is really not too technical.
Well, its not really important, 1/8th - 1/4 turn either way.............now 4 turns out, that will be trouble......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts