Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking on building a 347 dart block with afr225 heads, performer2 intake, 20cc dish pistons, custom cam, and hellion turbo either a 76mm or 88mm. Does anyone see any problem with this combo and how much power do you think it will make?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Sound good to me, IMO I would go with a victor 50 over the rpm 2 you will already have the cubes to handle that intake if the motor was going to be N/A would be even better with boost.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know how hp it will make at around 20lbs of boost?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Assuming you picked up a catalog and looked for the most expensive parts you can find and listed them...it should make good power, 750+. If you really have to ask how much power it will make, then I don't think your ready for it. Common knowledge would tell you how much that would make.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I didnt just pick up a catalog and pick the most expensives parts in there. I already have a 331 stoker that is going to be turbo but it is on a stock block and was wanting to get a head for when the stock block does let go.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
76mm would be good street turbo for that combo but will not support 20psi.

88mm will support 20psi and make close 1000rwhp, but will be "laggy" on
the street.

Dump the performer 2 intake. you want a Super Vic EFI with 90* elbow
for that combo. and get it port matched to the heads.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you r.barn

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would also greatly consider doing a bigger bore short stroke setup such as a 348. Turbo motors work geat with a short stroke. If your gearing towards the street side of things split the difference and get an s480 or pt78 they will be a compromise in spool and both offer about 100-150 more hp in the spread. Or consider the hp4276r which supports 1200 at the crank or the pt76hpsh which is rated at 1160. Either way thats prolly enough to support most any street setup your planning. As far as heads go I'd look at the edelbrocks namely the vic jr setup and let someone who knows what they are doing massage them a bit (wont need a whole lot) get the right set of springs to be sure there will be no issues in that department a good set of rockers and be done, You didnt really mention goals but a set of TFS hi-ports setup correctly would carry you well beyond the power levels most people including myself need so thats another option. Also the 20cc dish may not be necessary given the head chamber volume of the head and so on,and get only as much dish as you need, get a good set of pistons and rings and cover that base. If you talk with most any good piston manufacturer they will assist you in this department.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts