Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i have a 98 gt and i dont wanna do the headswap, but i needed to know what gains i can expect from a port and polish job on my 98 heads.....also what would this cost me roughly......hp gains? THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've seen people gain 10rwhp from 96-98 heads but not much more. You might get 15 or so. The real problem is the heads will not flow enough air to make a huge difference even with a Port and polish.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fastang96 said:
I've seen people gain 10rwhp from 96-98 heads but not much more. You might get 15 or so. The real problem is the heads will not flow enough air to make a huge difference even with a Port and polish.

i see that u have the 99 heads.....what did u gain from the heads.....if you dont mind what was the price after install....would it be similiar for the 98gt

·
Registered
88 Posts
My fastest time BEFORE the swap was a 15.2:( . I raced a 99 GT and he killed me by about two cars. After the swap we raced on the street and I beat him by a car and a half by 100MPH. Most people see a .5-1 second increase in the 1/4 with the headswap. I have $850 total in the swap. I ported and polished the heads myself and had a local shop put them on a flow bench. I also did the swap myself so I wasn't out anything on labor. I just watched e-bay for about two months and found a used set of 99 heads. I then just started buying the rest of the stuff when I had the extra money. The rest is history:).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts