Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go with the Hoosier quick time pro's for my new set of tires. I ordered the 27x10.50x15's since I'm running 8" wheels. At 9" tread they are wider than the 28x11.50 ET streets I've been running. How much air pressure to run in the QTP's? I'm not going to run tubes, unless I find I have to. How are the hoosiers at holding air, anyone use or endorse the "coat the inside of the tire with dish soap" method? Do they like a particular "burnout" method (especially when brand new)? thanks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am a big fan of the QTP's. This is all I have ever run on my car. They hook really well. I have always run 10 psi but also run tubes so they hold air pressure. QTP's do not need to be heated all that much from my experience. Just hold them until they start to smoke(maybe a second or two) and then roll it out.
I cut 1.470 60 foots this way.

·
Registered
805 Posts
The soap trick does work well, and I've found on our tracks up this way atleast, they like a little more heat, and I run about 11psi.

·
Registered
805 Posts
The soap trick...take some normal dish soap, nothing with alot of fragrance or anti bacterial, and put a thick layer on the inside of the tire and sidewall, nice even coat, and wipe out the excess. Use a thick coat too, don't skimp. It keep's the QTP's from losing air pressure, as long as the bead is clean and you have new valve stems.

I do this to my QTP's, and the car can sit in my garage for a month and maybe lose a 1/2# of air pressure.

This trick is for those of us who choose not to use tubes. It really does work.

·
Registered
379 Posts
i'm on my second set of QTP's same size as you. They are the best hooking "street" tire ive ever used. I run 13-15 psi. All they need is a quick clean off. Just 2-3 seconds and roll it out. You dont need much of a burn out at all.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
"They are the best hooking "street" tire ive ever used."

+1. It's one bad DOT tire. My setup likes 12 psi and they only need a short burnout.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I just started using a QTP.I really like it.Switched to a 28x11.5/15qtp from a 28/10.5/15s mt slick.car went faster than its ever got on the dot tire on its third pass.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I ran the hoosier quick time pros 28x11.5-15,m/t et streets,and m/t et street radials and the hoosiers hooked the best and its a bias ply tire so it means less rotating mass.Now since I will have the minitubes im going to run a 29x10.5-15w slick till I get the right size wheels then I will step up a size.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts