Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got a 331 Stroker with 185 AFR heads, and 42lb Injectors. Also a powerdyne 9 psi supercharger. Now after i put everything back together. THe fuel was way off. So someone told me get ride of my FMU. So the car was alot better with out that. But now i am getting like only 5 pounds of boost. Before on my 302 block i was getting like 12 psi with a better pulley. Is anyone else using a supercharger on your 331 and what boost are you getting and what boost are you suspose to get. Also if you have a things that can help me out. Thanks in advanced.

Nick

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea everything is new. Besides the supercharger. And I have no clue what the problem is. That does not make sense at all, why woudl you lose pounds of boost for a bigger engine right? Are you using a Supercharger on yours and do you still have the FMU in there. I even changed the Fmu piece inside to match the 42 pound injectors. When the FMU was in there the fuel was all off it was going like over 100 psi when i had it floored and not with out the FMU it is not as bad but till bad. Also is blows alot of black smoke. What do you think I shoudl do? Thanks again

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I nall honesty I'd suggest bringing the car to a tuner so that it can be done right. I've personally learned the hard way that fuel is not the place to 'test' when you're dealing with a boosted car. Fortuantely the smoke is probably because it's running extremely rich, which is safe, but won't produce as much power.

At the extreme of things the increased displacement will cause the blower to produce less as the cylinders take more air and fuel with every rotation. In your applicaiton it's probably not applicable.

I have a full fuel system, 42's and no FMU.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the info. Yea i really need to get this think right. What is you time in the 1/4 mile with you 331?

Thanks
Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts