Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Good point on the ECU not being able to get mad if its not there lol. How are most installing the wideband sensor? Im trying to avoid having to drill a hole in my exhaust.
Was leaning toward the Innovate or Spartan2 WB.

Im also confused on there being a MS..and then a Pimpxs which is just MS in another style case or??

·
Registered
479 Posts
The PimpXS is a Megasquirt board inside of a stock-style ECU case that plugs into your stock wiring harness. The normal Megasquirt kits would come in their own case and require you to custom wire the kit to your car. I'm running an Innovate MTX-L on one bank and a Spartan on the other bank.
I drilled my exhaust and welded bungs in place. The bungs are easily plugged if you don't want to keep a sensor there. You can also get clamp-on O2 bung assemblies if you don't want to weld to your exhaust.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Im running long tube headers and both have a bung for a O2 sensor just wondering if i could replace a O2 with the WB sensor?

·
Registered
206 Posts
The stand alone megasquirt, has an 02 input but its analog. You’ll need something like an LC2 wide band controller with an analog output. Just wired up a customers 92 turbo fox with an MS3 evo. Here is the mounting position of the Megasquirt and Innovate wideband controller in the passenger kick panel where the stock ecu usually is. The O2 wide band will come with the controller. The 02 sensor for this build is in the downpipe. And to answer your question, wide band and narrow band O2’s are the same size. You can use the bungs you already have. Just pick a side and cap the other.
98CEE500-DBFE-44B0-A32E-1B3E86F8D9B2.jpeg
59E0ADA2-F061-4C24-854E-3CF9B367D5B4.jpeg

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I want to add that if a tuner will be tuning the car they may have a wideband wand that they stick in the end of the tailpipe. This would prevent the need of you buying a WB if it wasn't in the budget or if you simply don't want/need it.
The gent that tunes my car has said that the tailpipe version does really good but not quite as accurate as a WB installed in the appropriate location but he has learned to tune for the differences and a lot of cars simply don't need a WB. Talk to your tuner.

ks

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
So if i go with a MS or a Pimpxs i just need a single WB in one side? I dont really need the narrow band stock style O2's at all?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts