Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found a good price on a used procharger and wanted to know if it's a good buy. It's a d1sc that was rebuilt 3 years ago and might have 1000 miles on it since the rebuild. Guys said he has the renegade bracket that I believe works with a foxbody setup. I was told i would need different brackets to fit an sn95 with a 347. Seems like most of the parts are there and he says the charger works great. Is 2100 a good price and what should I look for when inspecting this unit? It's currently off his car.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
There are videos on youtube of what a bad bearing sounds like in a centi. Check those out.

Not sure on the price. If it is intercooled, I don't see why not.

If pro-chargers are like vortechs, those thing need a ton of miles before a rebuild. Mine probably has 40k and I am not hesitating to put it back on without a rebuild after fixing my valve stem seal issue.

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
Q)I recently found a good price on a used procharger and wanted to know if it's a good buy.
A) That depends on the buyer

Q) It's a d1sc that was rebuilt 3 years ago and might have 1000 miles on it since the rebuild.
A) Easy enough to check by calling ProCharger and getting the date it was last serviced. (You'll need the serial number)

Q) Guys said he has the renegade bracket that I believe works with a foxbody setup. I was told i would need different brackets to fit an sn95 with a 347.
A) Correct, You need a D1SC bracket for a SN95. Retail cost is around $450 to $500.00

Q)Seems like most of the parts are there and he says the charger works great.
A) You'll need most of the intercooling tubing for a SN95, SN95 bracket for a D1SC and misc. hardware.

Q) Is 2100 a good price and what should I look for when inspecting this unit? It's currently off his car
A) Again, that depends on the buyer. And send it back to ProCharger and have them do the checking (the unit needs to be opened up).

My personal advice to you is to send it back to ProCharger and have it checked out ($$$). You're going to need tubing and brackets ($$$$). Do the math, your purchase price is a lot more than $2100. Personally, I would look for a kit that was made for my year car.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rebuilt 3 years ago by who....ProCharger guys??:|

Only 1000 miles in 3 years.......race car??:surprise:

My P1SC makes it about 60K miles before it need bearings and seals.......have 184K miles on it and 3 rebuilds!!:wink2:

Good Luck!!:smile2:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not the same scenario, but I thought I would tell you my story for comparison sake.

I purchased a used V1 S trim for $1100, with most of the parts as well. I probably ended up with $300-$350 in miscellaneous fittings and such that wasn't in the kit. I also spent around the same to have the blower rebuilt by Vortech.

This was on a 94-95 specific kit as well, which are harder to come by, but on the flip side there is less demand as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts