Ford Mustang Forums banner

Questions about adding a water/meth kit

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Christopher Ihara 
#1 ·
I am looking at adding a water/meth kit to my current setup and have multiple questions that hopefully you can answer for me. First my setup is a dart block 363 eagle forged bottom end, canfield heads, paxton novi 1200sl charger with a 2.95 pulley and a holley super sniper fuel injection kit street car 72 mustang. I will be spinning the charger towards its limits so i am thinking of adding the meth/water injection. First question is what is a good meth/water kit to install on this setup? Second is i have been reading different things as far as preblower or after blower nozzle installation or one before and one after so wich should i be doing? (Snow performance specifically says not to put the nozzle precharger to avoid damage is that true?) Also i am currently running a intercooler but is it necessary with meth/water injection? Does the intercooler help enough to offset the boost loss that it creates once i am using the meth/water injection? All opinions appreciated thanks.

#3 ·
I’ll keep it simple from my experiences and what I have had setup on my different cars.
Go with a Snow Performance Kit of choice. Install the nozzle exactly how they specify. Mine were always within 6” of the throttle body. You should/can run both with an intercooler. There’s many benefits to water/meth that a intercooler cant do. Running both is the best of both worlds. Keep it simple and don’t over think it

#4 ·
I’ll keep it simple from my experiences and what I have had setup on my different cars.
Go with a Snow Performance Kit of choice. Install the nozzle exactly how they specify. Mine were always within 6” of the throttle body. You should/can run both with an intercooler. There’s many benefits to water/meth that a intercooler cant do. Running both is the best of both worlds. Keep it simple and don’t over think it

#6 · (Edited)
Few things glossed over. I personally dont like the search nazis that tell you to search everything. This is a live forum not a library.
If you going to add methanol on an intercooler system you have to add it after the intercooler. Intercooler will only get as cold as the air blowing across it. Preintercooler can be done if you split the injection. Say your running 10gpm nozzle. You can put 2 per and the rest after. Shooting the whole injection through a centrifugal isnt recommended because of the impeller speed. It can take small amounts.There are a few good kits. Snow, AIS( I think the buisness name changed), Devils own, Alky injection, Aem. That will get you started.

#7 ·
The reason you want to avoid putting the Methanol injectors before the supercharger is that methanol can be corrosive to metals like aluminum. So there is potential that the compressor housing on most superchargers could be affected over time. Same thing with aluminum heat exchangers. Snow performance makes an excellent kit and many moons ago before Vertical Scope destroyed all the tech articles, we used to have an install article on the site.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.