Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for the sway bar to swing back or change it's angle when raising the vehicle? Mine does and tends to strike the relocated alternator (usual 3G setup for an S-trim) where the power wire is and shorts it against the alternator's case blowing the fuse.

Everything is stock except the I have poly sway bar bushings and end links.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Of course. The swaybar is attached to the control arms via the end links, and when you raise the car (unless it's a drive-on rack you're raising it on), you're allowing LCAs to droop. Since the middle part of the bar is attached to the frame, and the ends are attached to the drooping LCAs, the angle will change.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good, then I didn't goof the install. I wonder how others permanently solve the power wire issue when jacking up the car.?

Thanks for the confirmation.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Good, then I didn't goof the install. I wonder how others permanently solve the power wire issue when jacking up the car.?

Thanks for the confirmation.
Just use some plates/flat stock and space the swaybar down at the frame rail D-brackets.

Something like the below, but without the horizontal relocation:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm...not a bad idea. Why did you relocate yours? When my LCA are in full droop, it really lifts off the end link bushing underneath.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Just wanted to add a "me too" on spacer plates...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts