Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went through the diagnostics for the first time on my 01 Cobra...
(I used this guide: http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm ).

One question:

When you bring up the DTC (diagnostic trouble code) output, does dtc code "5284" show up automatically (as an example) or should it not display anything? I've never had my SES light come on, but according to the guide at Mustangworld, DTC 5284 is for "an oil pressure switch failure." My oil gauge works fine though.....so this has me confused. Can someone tell me if it's just part of the "test?" Thanks...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem. The reason why you always get the oil pressure switch code is because the engine isn't running and there isn't any oil pressure when you enter the test mode. I think it is just a bug in the system. You might try entering the mode by starting your car while holding the trip reset instead of just turing it to the on position.

Hope this helps!

:cool:
Jason

·
Registered
459 Posts
One other thing you need to know: any codes set by the instrument cluster are only for the cluster diagnostics. Nothing in the cluster itself will cause the SES light to come on - it only comes on upon command of the PCM. And even then, no PCM codes are displayed on the cluster (too bad!).

- Dave (SCOA #1474)
'01 Cobra Coupe (Laser Red, Charcoal), no wing
- #812 of 3867, born 5/7/01
- Dyno results (7/10/01): 273rwhp, 277ft-lbs
- Best ET: 13.748 @ 102.128, 60'=2.264 (7/18/01)
- Potenza RE730, 275/40/17, on CobraR wheels
- Bassani CatBack system (8/1)
- Griggs sub frame connectors (8/18)
- Steeda shifter and Cobra grill emblem (9/26)
- MM strut tower and K brace (10/13)
- 100MM Densecharger (10/27)
- MGW shift lever (1/14/02)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts