Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small dent in the rear floor plan in my car. Could this compromise the sub-frame install on the driver side? I plan on a TA and PHB install as well down the line, and don't want any weak points. Here is a few pics.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Neither the subframe connector, TA or PHB mount to this location so it shouldn't affect the installation of any of them. A frame shop could pull this out quickly.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
When we installed my subframe connectors we had the car up on a lift and found 4 or 5 "dents" like the one in your picture. We tack welded a bolt to the dent, heated it up, and then pulled t out with a slide hammer. Then we knocked off the bolt and ground off the weld. If I ever end up shiny side down on the track I won't be embarrassed by my beat up floor pan and torque boxes.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When we installed my subframe connectors we had the car up on a lift and found 4 or 5 "dents" like the one in your picture. We tack welded a bolt to the dent, heated it up, and then pulled t out with a slide hammer. Then we knocked off the bolt and ground off the weld. If I ever end up shiny side down on the track I won't be embarrassed by my beat up floor pan and torque boxes.
LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts