Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would love some input. I am installing a V3 sci and 47lb injectors. I have upgraded the fuel pump to a 255lph. As I have begun the process to install I have come across other thing so that I can get more boost.. ie: UPR Power pipe, but was told it may not do much without the bypass setup, so i have ordered the new discharge tube with the bypass valve. So now I am hoping to get boost up to around 9-10psi but question is will the 255lph support this? Should I just run the bypass tube and not the power pipe? Should I not push it over 6psi? I plan to take it to get tuned first week in May.

Really dont want to have to add anything else at this point.. Any input would be great.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am running 12 pounds of boost with a Paxton Novi 1220SL which I understand to be identical to the V3 SCI. I am running a bosch bypass with a vortech discharge tube and a power pipe. My Walbro GSS 340 (255 lph) pump is doing just fine with this setup. Also, I am going to bet that you'll need a pulley change to get 9-10 lbs out of that blower. I am running an 8" crank pulley and a 3.15 blower pulley to get 12 pounds out of mine, granted I also have 11R 190 heads and not E7's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Yeah the stock psi is rated for 6psi. Hoping with bypass and power pipe to add 3-4psi more. My car has SVO gt40 heads intake etc. Think it will produce some power after tune. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt going to starve.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have an Aeromotive 340 Pump for sale if you plan to upgrade....$70 shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
999 Posts
You need to remember PSI really means nothing in any of these scenarios.
At stock fuel pressure, the GSS340 (255HP) pump on stock wiring should be fine power wise well into the 500's hp range. I know I am making about 470whp on my stock pulley on that pump with no indication it is having issues keeping up even on stock lines and wiring. I will be swapping the pulley this week maybe to try and break 500whp and I am sure it will still be fine. You can then upgrade the wiring and I think it is rated to be good for another %20 increase in supported HP level.
Also, as you increase fuel pressure, your output goes down on those pumps, but again, you are not going to touch the point of taxing that pump out unless you have some cubes or a pretty radical top end on that thing if its a 302based car

EDIT: just saw this is a GT40 based top end. Your not even gonna be close to maxing out that pump. Even on higher boost, you will be lucky if you break 400whp. Youll be fine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts