Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been sorting out my car and I think I have it dialed in NA. The block was put together by an unknown machine shop and I can't find out who did it (long story). I think the rings haven't seated yet (doubt it, about 750 miles on the build) or are just bad and causing a lot of blow by. I'm ready to start using Nitrous after I do a leak down and compression check if everything checks out.

Pardon my ignorance on this subject but currently the car shifts around 6900 RPMs and is crossing the line at around 6900 as well in 4th. Car is a 5 speed and has 4.10's, current trap speed is 119mph.

What will happen if I add a 100 shot of Nitrous, will it cause me to run out of gear, will my mph increase? Might I need to run a taller tire, currently I'm running a 25.6" Drag Radial.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Nitrous system is Progressive and I'll be able to make adjustments for traction if needed, I didn't log the runs due to laptop issues but next time out I'll log the runs to find out exactly when I'm crossing the line.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Based on the info you provided, if you cross at 6900 your trap speed would be 128.

6400 in the calc says 118.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Pull out a few degrees of timing and one step colder plug, sell the progressive and spray it of the gate. You should be fine with what you have to start with.. enjoy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts