Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And yes, I know to measure. But I'm at work thinking about it, so surely someone ran into this.

3.33" upper, 6.87" lower. Proper belt length is what, 54.5" I think it is? Anyway...

I'm using the Anderson Tensioner Adjuster. With that belt, the tensioner pulley covers up the hole on the head unit that the AFM piece bolts into.

How much longer of a belt would I need to make that work, I guess is what I'm trying to figure out. (by being lazy and asking instead of figuring it out on my own) But hey, I'm working! (sort of)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've got a 55 3/4" belt on mine but have 7" lower and 3.33 upper. Not using afm adjuster. The 55 1/8" belt may be the one you need.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered one today, should be at Napa in the morning. Trying the 55" like you suggested, that should just do the trick I think.

This is what I'm up against. I need clear access to this mounting location for my Anderson piece. This is at 85 ft-lbs. and I don't want to go more than that. Prob. couldn't get enough clearance if I wanted, so we shall see.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Maybe order a few sizes +/- so you don’t have to go back and forth. It’s prob going to be trial and error. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Actually, how about shaving that down a touch for clearance? Or do you need a bunch?

·
Registered
7,585 Posts
aren't there 2 positions for the idler pulley to chose from on that bracket?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My AFM tension adjuster is already shaved down on the bottom.

But to update incase anyone runs into this situation, the 55" belt fits perfect. Tightened down, it's right in the middle of it's range and enough room for the adjuster to bolt up.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
My AFM tension adjuster is already shaved down on the bottom.

But to update incase anyone runs into this situation, the 55" belt fits perfect. Tightened down, it's right in the middle of it's range and enough room for the adjuster to bolt up.
Well that’s great news then!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts