Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got Koni Reds and 250# springs up front right now. I've just installed them and I moved the perch as far up as I could by hand but I want the front end a little higher. The springs are 12' 250's and the spring starts to compress which makes it to where I can't turn the lower perch by hand. Is it fine to crank the lower perch up with the spanner wrench to where I want it or will this cause too much preload. Prior to the 12" spring, I had always used 10" springs and hadn't really ran into this.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Yes, it's fine. I'd spray a little bit of light lube on the threads first.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks. Just wanted to be sure, I didn't want it to be spring loaded or anything.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Koni reds? Didn't you have SA's or DA's on that thing? You seem to be de-modding and re-modding with lesser parts.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL

You keep bashing fillings with those high spring rates and I'll be riding Cadillac style.

I've still got the yellows for when I go to the ta/phb combo. Until then, its boulevardpimpin. And, BTW, 250s have a higher wheel rate than hr race FWIW

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
I would've kept the Yellows on there with the 250# springs. My first coil-over setup was Koni Reds with 300# springs and it was horribly underdamped - ride quality was terrible. Hopefully you won't have the same issue with the slightly softer springs.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder if you had a bad set. The reds overlap the single yellows which mm says starts at 275 springs. Seems that the reds are similar to hds in their rebound valving as far as suitable spring rates go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts