Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone using this for tuning? do you like it? is it easy to use?

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
anyone using this for tuning? do you like it? is it easy to use?

I have one and I really like it. I love the ability to change the tune on the fly and datalog the ECU.

The Quarter Horse is easy to install if that's what you mean by easy to use. But you'll need some software to tune the ECU with. I prefer Binary Editior.

How easy tuning an ECU is all depends on how much effort you put into it. They can be very complex, but if you understand how the ECU works, then it's not bad. It's not for everybody though.

You can get a lot of good info at www.eectuning.org.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input. i was referring to ease of tuning. do you have to be running stock o2 sensors for it to work properly or can they be turned off? i currently do not run stock o2 sensors. i have a wideband. the o2 sensors were messing with my driveability. can it datalog massair voltage?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Most people use Binary Editor to modify/edit the tune and EEC Analyzer to suggest improvements to the tune.

I've been using QH for 2 years now, and I still haven't learned or used all the available options for tuning. Doing a lot of research from EECTuning.org • Index page, like tireburner said above, will help you out. Modifying the stock base tune in small steps is best to start out. The idea is to get Wide Open Throttle (WOT) parameters set right before you move on to cruising and part throttle.

You do not need to run 02 sensors if you are in open loop mode which you can force in QH. Using a wideband is how u get your Air Fuel Ratio (AFR) down. You can datalog any recordable parameter using binary editor, so yes MAF voltage.

I love QH and the complete control I have for calibrating my ECU. I also get the satisfaction and accomplishment that I tuned the ECU myself.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
thanks for the input. i was referring to ease of tuning. do you have to be running stock o2 sensors for it to work properly or can they be turned off? i currently do not run stock o2 sensors. i have a wideband. the o2 sensors were messing with my driveability. can it datalog massair voltage?

No you don't have to run O2's, I don't run them. I have open loop forced in the tune.

Yes you can datalog mass-air voltage. You can datalog any parameter that the ECU monitors.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks forthe input. if i cant get my drive ability improved. ie gas mileage up and surging at 2000rpm i think i'll give one of these a try. whats weird is i have put 3 different mass air sensors on car and eachwill work great for about 300 miles then starts surging again. i can put old one back on and it works fine for about 300 miles again. anyone ever had a problem like this. wide open is great as is idle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts