Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on buying tubular k member and a Arms for my turbo build. Originally was gonna go with UPR but have been reading good things about QA1 and it's a tad cheaper. Perfect for this budget project, anybody have any experience with them?

I'd be throwing on a ON3 Turbo Kit (1st gen) want to make sure it'll work perfect

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Planning on buying tubular k member and a Arms for my turbo build. Originally was gonna go with UPR but have been reading good things about QA1 and it's a tad cheaper. Perfect for this budget project, anybody have any experience with them?

I'd be throwing on a ON3 Turbo Kit (1st gen) want to make sure it'll work perfect
Don't be like Kim (a friend of mine ) just because it says " bolt on" doesn't mean that it is going to fit perfectly with NO modification. I can't answer your question, just saying .

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
who ever is telling you good stuff about the QA1 has never used one lol

it moved my front tires so far forward my tires ripped my fender extensions off. and they even rub with skinnies.

Reactions: TomR

·
Registered
307 Posts
who ever is telling you good stuff about the QA1 has never used one lol

it moved my front tires so far forward my tires ripped my fender extensions off. and they even rub with skinnies.
No kidding. I remember when I put the one I just removed in my car with proper year arms. Took it to get aligned and guy laughed and said no way. Ended up with Fox body arms on car which worked for me. Don't even get me going about placement of steering rack.

Best thing I did was get it off car and into the dumpster.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts

I sent my QA1 shocks that almost wrecked me twice back to QA1 and told them to throw them away. I didn't even want them in my garbage.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
No kidding. I remember when I put the one I just removed in my car with proper year arms. Took it to get aligned and guy laughed and said no way. Ended up with Fox body arms on car which worked for me. Don't even get me going about placement of steering rack.

Best thing I did was get it off car and into the dumpster.
i think im going to use mine to make an engine cradle out of once its out of my car. that or cut it up and trash it to save a future foxbody

Reactions: TomR

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Being in the suspension business here's what I find kinda funny:

Ford/Mustang crowd swears by Strange and is the most recommended strut/shock to use (imo).
Chevy crowd swears by QA1 and is the most recommended shock to use (imo).

I've found both to be good and bad but it really depends on the cars level of performance.

ks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ended up buying em after two days of no response smh, already got the k member looks pretty well built. A arms should be here tomorrow. Wont be able to return the a arms so might as well try everything out.

Ill tell you how everything went lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts