Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my car to the gravel pit this weekend and my car wieghed #3120 w/o me
full body, full insides, 351 with iron heads. Does this seem on par with others.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Mine with fuel cell and welds totally stock with everything else weighed 2940 w/o me in it. Mine is an 85 hatch though

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Trunk is empty. Does have sub frames and torque box reinforsed and 17 inch cobra r's

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
i put my 17x9 cobra r's with 245/45-17 tires on my bathroom scale and they were almost 57lbs each..thats 228lbs total

i weighed my 15x3.5 skinnies with 185 cheapo street tires and 15x8 rear draglites with 235/60 MT dr's and they were 28lbs for the skinnies and 37lbs for the rears..thats 130lbs total

difference of 98 lbs of Rotating Mass..i picked up close to 3mph and almost .2 from that alone

my vert still probably weighs over 3400 w/me lol

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i put my 17x9 cobra r's with 245/45-17 tires on my bathroom scale and they were almost 57lbs each..thats 228lbs total

i weighed my 15x3.5 skinnies with 185 cheapo street tires and 15x8 rear draglites with 235/60 MT dr's and they were 28lbs for the skinnies and 37lbs for the rears..thats 130lbs total

difference of 98 lbs of Rotating Mass..i picked up close to 3mph and almost .2 from that alone

my vert still probably weighs over 3400 w/me lol

Thats good info, my swap wheels before going to track. Trying to get evrything ready for next season.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
i couldnt believe how light the skinnies were..

..you know what happens when you go to pick something up,and you think its going to be really heavy,so you put a little more effort into it,only to find out its not heavy at all..lol..

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Thats pretty good, mine is 3600 without me in it and I've got alum heads.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats pretty good, mine is 3600 without me in it and I've got alum heads.

I would not think there would be that much diff.. What would cause this??

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
most of the the diff is probably in the auto trans and the blower he has on there,plus whatever options the car had from the factory..also cant tell from the avatar but his may be a hatchback

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
most of the the diff is probably in the auto trans and the blower he has on there,plus whatever options the car had from the factory..also cant tell from the avatar but his may be a hatchback
Yes mine is a hatch back. plus I have shirts all the way around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts