Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i recently blew my driver side headgasket.. it ran like #### as you can imagen.. I got home and did a compression test and sure enough it was about 90 on cylinder 2.. Long story short i ended up replacing both headgaskets (just cause i was already there) I had the driver side head checked out and i had no cracks and wasnt warped... I get it all put back goether with felpro 9333 headgaskets and arp studs(torqed to 85ftp) turn it on and it still runs like ####..

I figured it was a sensor or my maf was going back so i take it for a drive.. what do you know it heats up still :curses:

After some testing i figured out it was still pushing air into the coolent.. I dont understand where it could be coming from other then the block has a crack or is warped..

I did do a compession test on cylinder 2 and 3 and it had 130 on both.. Any input?? Would the intake manifold cause this??

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
You can rent a radiator pressure tester..build up some pressure maybe to see if its leaking somewhere?.....Also im sure you did Burp the system..got all the air out?....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can rent a radiator pressure tester..build up some pressure maybe to see if its leaking somewhere?.....Also im sure you did Burp the system..got all the air out?....
We did a test that changes a blue liqued green if it see's exhuast fumes so im way beyond that poing :/ Thanks anyways man

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
We did a test that changes a blue liqued green if it see's exhuast fumes so im way beyond that poing :/ Thanks anyways man
Your welcome it was worth a try....

·
Registered
994 Posts
A leak down test would tell you which cylinder/cylinders is to blame.

·
Registered
1 Posts
burp plug

most likely your burp lug man. it took me longer to figure out than i care to admit. its the square drive set screw 1/4 or 3/8., i forget, right behind the radiator inbetween the the two hoses conected directly to the radiator

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
most likely your burp lug man. it took me longer to figure out than i care to admit. its the square drive set screw 1/4 or 3/8., i forget, right behind the radiator inbetween the the two hoses conected directly to the radiator
lol im confused now..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well compression test was 130ish all cylinders except 6 and 7.. 6 was 270 with white stuff coming out and 7 was about 250 with

·
Registered
994 Posts
Any coolant being pumped out of those cylinders during cranking?

·
Registered
49 Posts
When you put it back together torque the upper row of bolts to 95 and lower 85. I had pretty close to the same problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts