Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a person were to pull/add timing via an ECU when the nitrous solenoid is opened/closed, wouldn't it be a bit dangerous?

The idea being that the timing will be back in the motor before all the nitrous has been pulled through the intake/hose etc. (electricity faster than nitrous flow).

I've recently switched over to a momentary switch and was going to wire my PMS to pull timing when I pressed the button, rather then when I arm the kit.

Has anyone ran into any issues like this? I might be splitting hairs here.

·
Registered
586 Posts
You should not have the timing pulled based off of your nitrous system being armed. The timing should only be pulled off during the 12 volts to the solenoid. Also the time the solenoid is de-energized and the flow of nitrous enters the combustion chamber will be 200-300ms. Not long enough to cause any issues.

·
Premium Member
4,771 Posts
Yes, what he said. Your arm switch should not be hooked to your solenoids. It should be hooked to a relay that controls the high amp circuit for your solenoids. Besides, when your solenoids shut off, your throttle is closed unless you are one of those guys that ignores precedent and doesn't run a wot switch. In that case, it still shouldn't cause any issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts