Project Thunderstang started in 2006 when My truck flooded during Hurricane Katrina and I needed a ride. For $1500 I picked up a weak 89 lx 4 banger with an auto tranny. It was rusty and rough. After the driveshaft yoke on it seized a few months later which in turn cracked the bellhousing and ripped a part of the block away, I knew it was time to start a new project. I considered putting a 302 in it but that would mean everything would have to change. Instead I put a 190 hp thunderbird turbo 2.3 in it with a 5 speed transmission from another 4 banger mustang. It was a direct bolt-in. The computer was a remaned unit from the parts store and the harness was replaced for the most part. I put a 87 gt 8.8 rear in it and I used a for ranger oil pan. A dodge ram turbo bolted on it and a few other parts from other cars like a SN95 throttlebody bolted on the intake upside down. I dyno tested it like this at 255/314 with 21 psi. Now I have megasquirt engine management, water meth injection and larger 55# injectors and turn up 28-30 psi. I have been driving it for a while now with very few issues but some people call me a ricer. It's funny because everything about my car is American and it probably makes about 280-300 hp now give or take. Whatever, not many people do what I did. There's a few pics in my garage.