Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 67015 electric fan which I purchased and installed several years ago. I am cleaning up/replacing some wiring and noticed the (green) signal wire and (black) ground wire are (marked) 14awg while the (red) power wire appears to be 10awg (not marked); is this correct? Being that the fan draws 13.9amps 14awg wire should be sufficient for the power wire, yes? I cannot remember if the fan came with a heavier 10awg power wire or if for some reason I used some 10awg I had laying around. Thoughts?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the 67015 electric fan which I purchased and installed several years ago. I am cleaning up/replacing some wiring and noticed the (green) signal wire and (black) ground wire are (marked) 14awg while the (red) power wire appears to be 10awg (not marked); is this correct? Being that the fan draws 13.9amps 14awg wire should be sufficient for the power wire, yes? I cannot remember if the fan came with a heavier 10awg power wire or if for some reason I used some 10awg I had laying around. Thoughts?
Keep in mind, electric circuit means TWO wires, each carrying the same amount of current. One is a GROUNDED wire, but both should be heavy enough to easily carry the current. 15 amps is usually considered about tops for AWG #14, using AWG 10 is not a bad idea. Copper wire, of course.

·
Registered
23,232 Posts
gauge wire depends on amp load

size it for 1.25 of the load

you can google the gauge you need from a table, for the length and temperature you need

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you everyone! I went with 10AWG on the Power & Ground and 14AWG on the Signal Wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts