Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious here. I'm running the p600 head unit. Have 2 pulleys. My smaller one I run gives me about 14-15lbs tops of boost with 2 more sizes smaller I could go. Which is fine. Took my smaller one off and put my bigger one on. Which gives me about 10-12lbs. (Changed it out just to prolong the stock 5.0 from gernading). But my question is. What's the major differences in the p600 compared to its newer version (p1?). I know the p600 is stone age but it seems like a great charger. Can still get parts for it. And I know it doesn't like high rpm's. But they make an upgrade kit. And I'm not real crazy about making a ton of hp. I'd be happy with 500-600rwhp. Have a 351 ready to put in the car when this one blows but am planning on still using my old trusty p600. Right now it's a stock 5.0 42k mile xxx block. Systemax2 heads and intake, 60lb injectors, intercooled, custom blower cam, 355 pump, bassani stainless longtubes and bassani stainless o/r x pipe, spec3+ with spec aluminum fly, aluminum driveshaft, 373's. That's the jist of it. Oh yeah. All backed by a pms4

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts