Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 4.6 liter with a procharger putting down 370 rwhp. dont drive it much. i had it for 10 years bought it with 21k now its got 35k. i seen motor oil in the fins of the charger (air filter side) also seems like to me its leaking charger fluid also. thinking its leaking where the housing bolts together.

so i would like to know which oil catch can to get. also which side to install it on. i was thinking drivers side valve cover because the hose goes the the air filter tube. i also notice my passenger side pvc hose was collapsed which i replaced seems to be ok. anyone know any reason for this happening?

should i be worried about the p1sc leaking charger fluid? i just replaced the fluid and seen it looked low (empty it into a clear cup) i didnt check the dip stick before hand. then i notice the discharge tube from the charger (rubber boot lower) wet from oil which i believe is from the charger fluid not motor oil. so i removed the unit again and changed the front seal (pulley) clean up everything. test drive the seen the discharge tube wet again. so i was like maybe its the drain plug seal which i install a thicker one on the charger. i found a procharger one i had saved installed test drive and boot still wet. i really dont want to ship it to procharger.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing and I found it was sucking motor oil fumes through the PVC line attached to the ProCharger intake tube!!:frown2: Attached a catch can and stopped the motor oil being sucked through the PC intake tube.....check to see if what you have in the tube is actually 0-Viscosity Blower Oil??:|

Next time I have my Blower rebuilt it will go to Jon Bond........half the price of ProCharger!!:wink2:

https://jonbondperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26_142_157&products_id=700&zenid=n4cur9nouubd994jbnao76c0v7

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had his catch can and a filler cap breather combo on my old LS, good stuff, and he is happy to answer any nagging questions.
i just ordered one he did also answer all my nagging ?haha

Mine was doing the same thing and I found it was sucking motor oil fumes through the PVC line attached to the ProCharger intake tube!!:frown2: Attached a catch can and stopped the motor oil being sucked through the PC intake tube.....check to see if what you have in the tube is actually 0-Viscosity Blower Oil??:|

Next time I have my Blower rebuilt it will go to Jon Bond........half the price of ProCharger!!:wink2:

https://jonbondperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26_142_157&products_id=700&zenid=n4cur9nouubd994jbnao76c0v7
any other reviews from jon bond???? i thinking my leak charger fluid from the center outer seal. i dont think its the internal seal leaking

1 - 6 of 6 Posts