Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals I have searched for hours on how to fix the issue I have so it is now time to ask for help.

Am putting a MSD6AL2 ignition box on my 93 Mustang and once installed limiters set correctly the car won't rev beyond 3300 rpms. Set everything to max limits just to see if that would help and nothing. I than read forever on what wires went where as I am using the harness MSD makes for plug n play connection. I see the white wire coming from MSD box would align with the green with yellow stripe wire coming from factory harness. So this is where it gets sketchy. The previous owner has obviously did some wiring on this car and some wires look to be added or whatever. My thing is this the green with yellow stripe wire that is on factory connector what color wire in the factory harness should go to? It appears a new ignition coil harness pigtail was installed and the green with yellow wire coming from harness is not connected to a wire with those colors? Could this be the issue? Where can I hook the white wire from the MSD box to? Need some help.

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
supply the diagrams, and i will have a look

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
the ones specific to what you want to diagnose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts